Your stories are looking great so far — the leads, the ideas, the information. I’m excited to hear and see what you have for Monday’s class. Directions for the Review Story are below — as discussed in class — and also they are available in Canvas.
We brainstormed topics — music, restaurant, store at the mall, shoes, sports event, video game, movie, television show, etc…..
Remember you need to “do” or “visit” or take part in this topic to review it.
- Establish 3-5 key “criteria” or categories.
- Include Ws
- Include sensory details
- Include information you can find online. Attribute/give credit to the source of this information.
- Feel free to include others’ views who were with you/you talk to about this product/event.
- Unlike hard news story writing, it’s okay to use first-person words.
- Try for a review story range between 500-1000 words.
- When you place this story on your blog, try adding media (picture or video) to complement your story. Look above for the button “Add Media.”
- When you please this story on your blog, add a couple hyperlinks within the story. You could link to the store, link to the corporation, link to the movie theater, etc.
- Proofread and edit. Have someone else proofread and edit. Publish.